How It Works
Individual Coaching Sessions:
For individual coaching engagements, the first thing we do is determine where you are in your coaching journey and how we can help you to reach your goals. To do that we begin with an initial skills assessment (approximately one (1) hour) focused on the communication skill area (job interview, interpersonal communication, public speaking presentation, etc.) that you would like to develop or enhance. This 5-10 minute “performance” is video recorded and reviewed by you and the coach. The coach will then offer you the opportunity to experience the coaching process while working on one of the skills you both identify as being possible “development” areas. Following a brief coaching session you and the coach will determine:
- what skill areas actually need development/enhancement;
- what your developmental goals and potential challenges are;
- whether the coach/client “fit” is appropriate for your desired coaching outcomes.
The coach will then suggest a coaching package that fits your needs and development goals. Coaching packages can be as few as one session or as many as you and the coach determine are necessary. Pricing for each package depends on the number of pre-purchased sessions and is reviewed with you at the end of the assessment. Individual coaching sessions run about one and a half (1.5) hours. Most client/coach meetings take place once every two or three weeks and are normally conducted at the Couragio Consulting studio in Williamsburg, VA, or via video conference (e.g., FaceTime, Skype, Google Hangout, etc.). Travel to the your site may incur additional expenses.
Workshops are customized to meet your needs and are normally conducted at your location. Our most-popular workshop is our 3-day skill builder model for up to eight (8) individuals.
Skill Builder Model:
- Day 1 – instructor and students in class together; activities and topics include an opening impromptu level-setting exercise, effective audience engagement tools and effective presentation attention-getters and openers. Each attendee will have at least two (2) performance opportunities on the first day.
- Day 2 – each attendee meets with the instructor for a 45-minute private coaching session, based on findings from Day 1.
- Day 3 – instructor and all students in class together; activities include the opportunity for each attendee to present continuously for 15-20 minutes with focused feedback from the instructor and fellow attendees, as well as tips on effective presentation conclusions and effective question and answer sessions. Each attendee has an opportunity to give a powerful wrap-up, conduct a 5-10 minute Q&A session, and execute a memorable conclusion.
Workshops are priced on a per day basis, plus all travel and related expenses.
Additional workshop models can be customized to meet your needs. Please inquire for additional information.