Communication / Presentation Coaching Individual Sessions
Still thinking about how that last presentation for senior management went? Or that job interview when you weren’t quite sure of what you said or how you said it, but wished you could have a do-over? And what about those seemingly endless feelings of anxiety and inadequacy you get every time you share information with your manager or worse, a group of people you’ve never met? Still regretful that you couldn’t muster the courage to share your thoughts at your best friend’s wedding reception…or funeral, or at your child’s awards banquet or graduation ceremony?
If these thoughts sound familiar, you’ve probably made countless New Year’s resolutions to seek help with your presentation and communication skills, so these thoughts never come back. And the recognition that “a year from now you’ll wish you had started today” is constantly playing in the back of your head.
By building a safe and collaborative learning environment, we help individuals improve their communication skills for professional activities such as job interviews, interpersonal communication, public speaking engagements, presentations, staff management, team meetings, entrepreneur pitches, sales presentations, negotiations and vocal performances.
After seeing tremendous success from our professional guidance, many of our clients have also requested the help of our coaches for important life events such as marriage proposals, marriage vows, wedding speeches and toasts, and interpersonal communication improvement. We look forward to embarking on this life-changing journey with our clients, and we welcome them to the Couragio family!
Read what some of our clients have to say.
Communication Assessment with a Coach
- Free 15 to 20-minute session (online or in-person);
- You and coach explore your communication challenges and development goals;
- You may be asked to give a 5-minute “performance” to be video recorded for review by you and your coach.
Build a Success Plan
- Identify skill areas that need development or enhancement;
- Determine whether the coach/client “fit” is appropriate for your desired coaching outcomes;
- Build a custom success plan that outlines how your coach can help your meet your goals.
- Sign up for a coaching package that fits your budget, schedule, and development time frame;
- COMMIT to MASTER your PERFORMANCE skills, CONQUER your fears, and ADVANCE your impact.
Standout Speakers: Small Group Presentation Skills Workshop
At the end of this three-day workshop intensive, you will have fine-tuned the content and delivery of your selected presentation. You will be able to deliver with confidence, authentic style and in a way that engages the audience and keeps them engaged.
Who is this workshop for? Professionals, both new and experienced, who have a desire to develop and improve their presentation skills. Attendees will need to bring an already-developed presentation to work on.
How many people can attend the workshop? A maximum of 6-8 people. We believe in keeping the class small so that each attendee receives the attention, practice and feedback required to vastly improve their presentation skills. Through years of experience, we have found this group size to be ideal for attendees.
This is way out of my comfort zone. Our coaches are committed to building a safe and positive learning environment. Helping our clients to embrace new presentation techniques that they may never have used before helps them move beyond their initial limitations. Even our most apprehensive clients say that our commitment to maintaining a safe and supportive environment is perfect for trying out and practicing new skills and ideas.
What teaching tools are used? A combination of instruction, practice, performing, video recording, watching the video recordings, group coaching, one-on-one coaching, guided self-discovery, and more performing are some of the valuable tools we use to help clients shed old habits and develop new ones.
Check out testimonials from previous workshop and training session attendees.
Workshop Day 1 (Full Day)
- Initial presentation activity to identify participant’s growth and development opportunities
- Instruction on characteristics and behaviors that make presenters engaging
- Discussion regarding audience analysis and what the presenter can learn from doing “homework”
- Discussion on how to create compelling introductions
- Each attendee will have at least two performance opportunities
- All performances are video recorded for future reference
Workshop Day 2
45-minute private coaching session
- Each attendee meets with the Instructor for a 45-minute private coaching session to review and work on findings and development opportunities identified on the first workshop day.
- Guidance is provided to each participant for a successful 15 to 20-minute continuation of the presentation delivered during class on Day 1.
Workshop Day 3 (Full Day)
- Instructor and all attendees are back in the class together;
- Each attendee presents for 15-20 minutes with focused feedback from the instructor and fellow attendees;
- Instructor provides tips on effective presentation summaries and conclusions, as well as tips on how to conduct effective and memorable question and answer sessions;
- Each attendee has an opportunity to give a powerful wrap-up, conduct a 5 to 10-minute Q&A session, and execute a memorable summary and conclusion.
Building Communication Confidence Though Improvisation
Improvisation exercises and activities help groups to build communication self-confidence and confidence when interacting with each other.
These are skills that are critical to success in business interactions, meetings, and presentations.
While improvisation is often thought of as “comedy” and “trying to get a laugh,” our improvisation program focuses on business-related outcomes including:
- building communication confidence
- practicing quickness of thought and confidently “going with your gut”
- creating and maintaining self-awareness and awareness of others
- developing the ability to quickly connect with others
- building trust and learning to collaborate to solve problems
Designed for groups of 10-50 participants, our programs gently introduce participants to the world of improv (in a business context) and gradually increase the challenge level, while maintaining a safe, non-judgemental learning environment where surprising results are achieved.
Sessions are customized to the client’s desired outcomes and can run from 1 to 3 hours in duration.